Who can apply for a grant from NFWFWF?
Only NFWFWF members are eligible for financial assistance. A NFWFWF member is a self-identified lesbian who resides full-time or seasonally in one of the following 3 townships:
- Southold Town
- Riverhead Town
- Shelter Island Town
What kind of healthcare grants are available from NFWFWF?
There are three kinds of grants available through NFWFWF:
Healthcare Grants, Non-Medical Grants and LifeLine Grants
- Healthcare Grants: Funds are available to NFWFWF members for out-of-pocket medical expenses such as mammograms, other diagnostic tests, annual physicals, health insurance co-payments, hearing, dental and eye care, physical therapy, medication, and more.
- Non-Medical Grants: We can help with payment for non-medical expenses, such as car repairs, necessary home expenses, unexpected bills or other essential items. These grants will follow the same review process by the Grants Committee and sent to the NFWFWF board for final approval.
- LifeLine Grants: Funds are available to NFWFWF members for LifeLine medical alert installation, subscription and equipment.
How to apply for a NFWFWF Grant
- The Grant Application can be accessed on this page. Just click the appropriate button.
- If you don’t have a printer, we can mail an application to you. Either call us at 631-477-8464, or send us an email at email@example.com. Remember to send us your mailing address in either case. The application is only two pages and easy to complete.
- If you have access to a smart phone, tablet or computer you can complete the application directly online. Click here to start the process.
- If you have a printer, you can download a grant application. The application is a fill-in pdf and can be completed directly on your computer. If that doesn’t feel right, you can always print out the application, fill it in by hand and mail it to us.
- To apply for a NFWFWF grant fill out all questions on the Grant Application completely.
- After completing the application, return it to NFWFWF. Remember to include any support documents, such as estimates or unpaid bills.
Take the Grant Application online by clicking the button above.
No printing necessary.
Press the button above to download a Grant Application for printing or emailing.
You can print the application and fill it in by hand and then mail it with any support documents to:
NFWFWF, Attn: Grants, PO Box 804, Greenport, NY 11944
You can also fill in the application on your computer, save it, and then email it with any support documents to: